If you are worried about the quality of pipes for your next venture and you want the most durable yet cost effective product, go for GRP (Glass reinforced plastic) pipes. These are nowadays widely used and their increasing demand is fueled by the benefits of the dual raw materials, which make them up!
They are made up of a composition of at least two raw materials which are chemically compatible with each other so that the benefits of each material combine with the other to produce the desired outcome. These pipes are a combination of thermo setting plastics like chopped glass fibres and reinforcing agents, unsaturated polyester or vinyl ester raisins which make it strong and durable.
The detailed process of manufacture makes these pipes efficient and strong in their fields, which involves preparation of mandrel, preparation of the lining and curing them, winding of the filament, curing the pipeline, extraction of the pipes from the mandrel and then the ultimate layer of UV stabilization. Then the uneven ends of the pipe are cut and smoothened at the ends for preparing the joints and sealing. Then these pipes are sent for hydraulic testing. These pipes go through a series of tests both from the manufacturer as well as third party specialists before they hit the market.
Industries where GRP Pipes are used
The industries that rely on GRP Pipes can be summarized as below:
- Aerospace Industry
- Hydroelectric power generation
- Sewage and water transportation – Both domestic and industrial water transportation as well as sewages involve GRP in pipes, tanks and manholes to ensure fast and smooth delivery. The joints, turns and fittings are manufactured such that they are able to withstand the pressure and do not cause leakages or other damages.
- Irrigation – For watering lands and crops on farmlands, GRP pipes are used extensively.
- Corrosive and Non-corrosive chemicals – In petroleum industries and pumping stations, GRP pipes are used which remain unaffected by the harmful chemicals passing through them.
Benefits of GRP Pipes
The several benefits that are responsible for the increased demand for these GRP Pipes are as below:
- Fights Corrosion– Its rust free which means the outer surface is less prone to damages, which implies a long shelf life of about 50 years.
- Smooth interiors – The inner pipe surface is smooth, which means low friction and reduced loss of pressure.
- Light – These pipes being too light with tight bends makes it being installed at a high rate even in less accessible zones in difficult weather conditions.
- Easy installation – There are very few coupling and sealing areas in these pipes which make their installation quite easy.
- Length – The lengths of GRP pipes can be adjusted easily as per requirement on the sites.
- Tested – These are tested by the manufacturers and third parties specializing in testing of their physical and chemical properties.
- Cost effective – The low operating and maintenance cost of the GRP pipes , their easy accessibility coupled with their compatibility with other materials which these pipes have to endure as well as their high load taking capacity makes them the most preferred ones by the engineers. To add on, they are also UV resistant.
Consult the leading manufacturer and dealer to get your GRP Pipe which is quality tested and is best suited for your project.